Does anyone actually think the months feel like they are 30/31 days? Everyone I talk to feels like January either flew by in a split second, or the more popular answer, it dragged on forever and ever. January gets the reputation for being a fresh start with the beginning of the new year, but sometimes I think February is a great fresh start from all of the expectations and newness that come with January. It also helps that toward the end of January, in the midst of dreary winter, brightly colored pink and red hearts begin popping up everywhere. The month of love gives us a holiday to look forward to and a little reprieve from the gray days of the season. I’m excited to use it as an excuse to wear all of my pink and red ;)
Before we move on to February goals, Let’s check in on January progress.
– Be a great host for medical students during their residency interviews
– Host a citrus party after our lemon falls off the tree! – This was so so fun! We were joyful for days after it and truly feel like we have made a wonderful group of friends here in Nashville.
– Start to compile a list of go-to meals for weeknights – Looking for one more recipe to “complete” it for now
– Start to compile a list of go-to meals for guests/company – Started this one too, and added one recipe to it after our citrus party, but it’s definitely still a work in progress. Open to recommendations if you have any!
– Start to compile a list of go-to meals to bring people (new parents, surgery recovery, grieving families) – Again, started this one, but still have a long way to go.
– Hang photos or art in our living area – We hung two photos, and now that we have taken down all of the Christmas decorations I feel like it needs another something.
– Try two new dinner recipes – We tried many new dinner recipes, some that we will add to our rotation, and some that were good but a lot of work.
– Read two nights a week – I feel great about this one as I read something almost every night, finished one book, and am almost halfway through another. What pushed me forward most on this goal was that I checked out the digital copy of a book through the library and was on a deadline before it was automatically returned since someone else had it on hold. I guess I just needed a little pressure to stir my motivation ;)
– Do strength-training exercises two days a week – Did this every week but one, so I’m still counting it as a win!
– Meet our new niece!!!
– Read book at least 2 nights/week
– Finish Bible in one year reading plan
– Host baby shower
– Make Valentine’s sugar cookies (a family tradition)
– Be present and spend intentional time with family on our trips and their visits
– Find all lodging for an upcoming trip
– Find a clean moisturizer/night cream
– Start a Headspace course
– Create a list of things to do/places to eat in Nashville for friends and family