April was great, but it turned out to be much busier than I originally anticipated, with lots of unexpected odd hours at work. Because of this, I didn’t get around to crossing off some of my April goals. I did make progress on some that I didn’t fully complete, which makes me feel better going into May. I know the upcoming months will be very full with graduations, celebrations, and trips, so I want to set and achieve goals, but also leave room for fun and rest and time to enjoy the warmer weather and longer days. Let’s start these May goals!
But first a recap of last month’s goals:
Continue to stick to a workout routine that makes me feel good with toning and running (maybe add biking back to this as the weather gets nicer!) – Yes – I felt like I had a good combination of running, walking, biking, at-home workouts, and barre class.
Take weekly walks – Yes! I’m so happy that the sun is staying out longer and the weather is getting nicer for these walks.
– Plant herbs and veggies – April was much colder than usual, and, in addition to not having much time because of work events on the weekends, I didn’t want the plants to freeze and die. We’re hoping to complete this soon!
– Finish our back patio area – The construction portion is done! We still have to plant some plants in the raised bed and hang lights – those are going on this month’s goals.
Celebrate my birthday! :) – Yay, this was so wonderful. I celebrated with a morning breakfast date with Will, a treat from one of my favorite coffee shops from my coworkers, a free barre class, and a delicious spread of homemade appetizers shared with Will and my parents. It was the perfect day.
– Get in bed by 10:45 p.m. and get to sleep by 11:15 p.m. (not just in bed) four nights a week – This is laughable. I blame it a little on my crazy work schedule with some odd hours, which led me to stay up later to get things done that I usually would have done earlier, but mostly I was just really bad at this in April.
– Do less Instagram scrolling – I’m not crossing this off because I don’t know how to measure it, and I don’t think it was much less than before.
– Do something or try somewhere new! – We biked 33 miles on the Capital Area Greenway this past weekend which was both something and somewhere new!
– Find time to relax each week – don’t get stuck in the overwhelm that can so easily take over in this busy season of work
– Enjoy time with family and celebrate my siblings’ college graduations
– Enjoy a long weekend with out-of-town friends
– Prep our guest bedroom and home for 4 (!) guests this month
– Prepare well for our June trips
– Finish our outdoor area – plant flowers and veggies in the raised bed, plant herbs, hang lights