October is one of my favorite months of the year. I love fall weather and the fun autumn activities that come with it. While the shorter days can sometimes be a downside to the season, the early dark skies make it easier to cozy up in a warm blanket with a mug of hot apple cider on crisp nights. I’m excited for what is to come this season, both in life and on the blog. I recently planned two quick trips, one for work and one for fun, and am really looking forward to both. The process for both was so quick and unexpected that it feels like I’m being spontaneous, even if they are still weeks away :). I’m looking forward to October.
Get the recipe for this pumpkin bread with chai crumble here!
– Create and stick to a better editorial calendar for the blog – I think I did this pretty well! I’m still going with my editorial calendar and am getting into a rhythm with it. I’m a little afraid I may overschedule and burn out, but we’ll see how it goes!
– Spend a weekend with family at my cousin’s wedding – Lots of rain, lots of family time, a really adorable coffee shop, and the best everything bagel I have ever had in my life.
– Continue to exercise regularly as my work schedule ramps up. Specifically, run when I can and do at-home exercises if the weather is bad. – Yes, but was more lenient with myself when I was absolutely exhausted from lots of overtime weeks. I did try a new group fitness class, which I loved!
– Get a mattress for the new bed (DIY coming soon!) in our second bedroom – Yes, after months and months we finally completed this one! You can see the DIY cane headboard tutorial here!
– Go apple picking! – We missed the “u pick” window at the apple orchard nearby, but we went pumpkin picking instead, so I’m crossing this one off. One form of fall produce counts for another, right?
– Enjoy a fall treat
– Take advantage of the cooler weather by exercising outside regularly, including a run on the “Pumpkin Loop”
– Make a new soup recipe
– Enjoy relaxing time with family on our siblings’ fall breaks
– Enjoy time with friends on trips for work (NYC) and fun (mountains)
– Use my time efficiently at work and at home – less mindless checking and refreshing Instagram, no Instagram after 10pm
– Drink at least 80 oz of water a day – I am usually good at getting at least 68, but have been lax about this recently and feeling dehydrated because of it.
– Dress up to give candy to trick-or-treaters!
– Make a practice-round dish for Thanksgiving