Happy September! The temperatures are still in the 90s, but I am excitedly gearing up for fall, even if the cool weather won’t come for another month.
As summer comes to a close, I’m already putting together my fall fun list and maybe even baking a few pumpkin goodies. All for blog recipe research, of course ;) I am very much a planner by nature (and by trade), but despite always wanting to plan ahead, I try my hardest to live in the moment. Fall is my favorite season though, and I am of the mindset that if it makes me so happy and joyful, embracing fall early may be even better than living in the neverending-North-Carolina-heat-of-the-summer moment :) So, almost fall it is!
Go on a date with Will (his clinical schedule sometimes makes time together limited, so this will have to be more intentional than usual) – One one of Will’s only Saturday’s off we went on a morning bike ride around some of the new greenways in our area, ended up at a farmers’ market where we picked up baked goods, then stopped at a coffee shop in the woods to enjoy a hot drink on our way back home. It was bliss.
Drink at least 90 ounces of water a day – I did this on weekdays, and did pretty well on weekends, but had a harder time keeping track without my large water bottle to measure.
Exercise 4x per week, despite heat and rain – Yes – I even started running early in the morning a few days a week to beat the heat.
No Instagram after 10:00 p.m. – I think I only caved once, so I’m calling this a success!
Post about trip to Denver – See it here! And see Chicago here!
Make plan for DIY bedskirt – Made a plan for the pattern and measured to figure out how much fabric we need. Now I need to get the fabric and actually make it.
– Declutter our bedroom – I cleaned and got rid of a few things in my closet, but I wouldn’t say I “decluttered”
– Start working on Triangle guides – Made it to one new place in the Triangle that I have been wanting to try, but didn’t actually start working on any guides.
Cook seasonal dinners at least 4x per week – Yes, almost every night!
Narrow down Will’s residency application locations together – We narrowed it down a bit and set another date to narrow it down even further if needed.
– Narrow down residency application list with Will
– Celebrate Will’s residency application submission
– Exercise 4x per week
– Wake up early to exercise before work at least 1x per week
– Run, bike, or walk with Will
– Only buy coffee 1x or less per week
– Spend quality time with friends and family
– Drink 90 oz water every day
– Write down specific ways that I destress and practice them
– Work on exercises from at least the first three chapters of Designing Your Life