Happy August! It feels surreal to already be posting about August goals. I feel like July started last week and also five months ago at the same time – what is time anymore? Our July ended up being very stressful and is certainly not a month I wish to repeat, so I’m happy to flip the calendar to a new month.
I haven’t felt super hopeful about the state of our country, the world, or Covid. That, perhaps along with the additional hormones, can often affect my mood. So, recently I have been trying to focus on some of the little things I can control that make me feel hopeful and happy in the moment. I’m not a big fan of summer, but I love fall, so just seeing that cooler weather (and pumpkin everything) is on the horizon is one of those little things that makes me happier. Maybe keeping this going should be a goal I add to my August goals list :)
– Post additional 60 before 30 list updates progress since last year – Find it here!
– Finish reading On Becoming Baby Wise
– Continue reading Americanah and order another book on anti-racism education (So You Want to Talk About Race, White Fragility, and How to be an Anti-Racist are all on my list) – Got How to be an Anti-Racist, haven’t finished either yet
– Frame pictures for nursery – Can’t wait to hang these and have it feel a little more “done”!
– Request absentee ballots for August local elections
– Start making a list of freezer meals to make before baby comes – I have my spreadsheet with links to recipes and all the recipes in one Google Doc ready to go for when it comes time to make these!
– Decide on plans for a drive-by or virtual baby shower
– Finish two embroidery projects (I’ll share more on these later)
– Request absentee ballot for general election
– Drop off boxes of donation items
– Celebrate baby girl with friends and family in a socially distant/virtual way
– Sew pillow shams for our guest bed
– Organize and set up the nursery with the items we have so far
– Find a pediatrician
– Continue to read Americanah and How to Be an Anti-Racist
– Make a plan for making freezer meals (timing, freezer space, containers, ingredients needed, etc)
This post contains affiliate links.