August brings the backside of summer (yet, still the hottest temperatures), the back-to-school frenzy, and a rushed feeling all over social media and around town to fit all summer activities into the long days before the season ends. Another month into the summer also means another month into our time in Nashville and instead of feeling rushed and frenzied, I’m feeling settled and more established. I have lots of plans in August and I’m excited for everything that is on the docket. Let’s get the month started with some August goals.
– Hang art – We hung one piece, does that count? Still deciding on where to put the rest.
– Finish reading a book (maybe Little Fires Everywhere, but I have so many on my list) – Read How to Celebrate Everything by Jenny Rosenstrach and loved it.
– Try two new places in Nashville – We tried two new coffee shops and a great greenway
– Finish a mini Triangle guide – See my Guide to Coffee Shops in the Triangle here!
– Post about our National Parks trip – Whoops, didn’t get to all of these photos
– Revamp our budget now that we have more clarity on the cost of living in Nashville
– Plan trips in August and September and narrow down dates for potential trips in the fall – Planned the August and September trips, no other travel plans for the fall yet.
– Post about our National Parks trip
– Finish reading at least one book
– Try at least one new place in Nashville with Will
– Be present and soak up time with family on trips
– Attend at least one networking event
– Brainstorm ideas for September and October recipes (fall recipes are my favorite!)