As I write this, there are about 10 inches of snow outside with more falling. This is the first time in my memory that North Carolina has had more than a dusting in December, and while it feels odd, after seven days of being on the road, it is a great reminder to slow down. The month got off to a whirlwind start with Hamilton on December 1st, followed by seven full days of travel, road tripping every day. I have this post on my to-do list for the last two weeks and am only now getting around to it because of the crazy season we are in right now. What a perfect time to post December goals though – next to the glow of the Christmas tree with snow falling outside the window. :)
Checking in on November Goals:
– Go on a coffeeneuring date
– Celebrate 11 years with Will (since we started dating)!
– Post two gift guides (I’m excited about these!) – see the gift guide for the hostess, from small businesses, and for her!
– Figure out all Christmas gifts – just two left to figure out!
– Start buying Christmas gifts (Black Friday/Cyber Monday, anyone?!)
– Find a running routine with the newly dark nights – run at least 3 times a week
– Write down 3 things I’m grateful for each day – whoops, I started, but definitely didn’t complete this one.
– Prepare well at work, home, and with the blog for November and December travels (Thanksgiving, one week away in December, and a post-Christmas trip)
– Help with Thanksgiving dinner/dessert
– Be present
– Finish decorating for Christmas
– Finish shopping for Christmas gifts
– Celebrate advent and the time leading up to Christmas
– Make goodies to love on coworkers and far-away family
– Make an ornament for our sibling ornament exchange
– Bring dinner to friends with a new baby (potentially x2)
– Take in the towns and cities on our road trip across the Northeast
– Spend a relaxing, but fun and full day seeing Christmas decorations in NYC
– Work on shaking out my big goals for next year
– Spend quality time with both of our families for Christmas