Happy July! We’re officially halfway through 2019, and with our move and lots of changes last month, July and the second half of this year really feel like a turning point. Last month felt like both a whirlwind and a long ride. We experienced big changes and accomplished a lot, and I’m proud of both. While there is still a lot of uncertainty, I’m excited for the new opportunities that are ahead and the places to explore in our new city. With that, let’s jump into the goals!
– Move to Nashville! – We’re here!
– Decorate and settle into our new home – with lots of help from our parents who graciously helped us move in
– Set up 2 friend dates or attend 2 social events to meet people – I ended up attending 10 social events or friend dates within the last two weeks of June – well out of my regular introverted comfort zone, but all in the name of making friends ;)
– Explore our neighborhood by going on walks, runs, and dates – We have gone on walks, runs, and dates and determined that we live near a lot of hills haha.
– Publish more posts on the blog than I did in May (this shouldn’t be difficult since there were only two 🙈) – Yay!
– Celebrate our 5th anniversary! – Our anniversary fell five days after we moved in. Since we had just spent the past few days eating out before we got our kitchen set up and our groceries stocked we decided to stay in and cook a new recipe together which ended up being a lot of fun.
– Read Little Fires Everywhere – I started it, but didn’t finish. Still working on it this month and trying to get it in audiobook form from the library so I can listen to it while I run.
– Hang art
– Finish reading a book (maybe Little Fires Everywhere, but I have so many on my list)
– Try two new places in Nashville
– Finish a mini Triangle guide
– Post about our National Parks trip
– Revamp our budget now that we have more clarity on the cost of living in Nashville
– Plan trips in August and September and narrow down dates for potential trips in the fall