Here we are almost a week into November and I’m just getting around to setting my goals for the month. My parents came to visit this weekend, which was wonderful, but I totally lost track of the dates. With the holidays rapidly approaching and Will’s vacation on the horizon, I am so excited about the next few months. I always hate to see fall weather turn to winter, but having so much to look forward to is helpful. I like to wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas, but I love seeing the decorations pop up in the mall and the anticipation of such a joyous season. Until we get past Thanksgiving, I’ll enjoy a few stops in the decorated stores but also want to focus on the present and these November goals.
– Edit the rest of our National Parks photos
– Pick pumpkins!
– Finish reading Nickel Boys – whoops, didn’t make much progress on this one
– Try a new fall recipe! – lots of pumpkin recipes, and this tasty soup
– Celebrate with family at a wonderful wedding – it was so wonderful!
– Write a blog post about our National Parks trip – whoops, this is going to have to wait
– Post 4 pumpkin recipes (!) – There were actually 5! In case you missed it: pumpkin cake with brown butter frosting, pumpkin scones, pumpkin spice chai latte, overnight pumpkin french toast casserole, buttermilk bourbon pumpkin pie
– Visit Cheekwood to see the Harvest display – did this with friends and it was great!
– Be present and enjoy time with family over Thanksgiving and Will’s vacation
– Try at least one new place when my parents visit
– Decide on all of our Christmas gifts (and buy as many as we can)
– Complete a holiday craft (either for Thanksgiving or Christmas)
– Create 4 gift guides
– Finish reading Nickel Boys and start reading The Dutch House (by Nashville native, Ann Patchett!)
– Celebrate 12 years together with Will!