The first installment of my 2019 monthly goals is here with January goals! Last year I found myself adding goals to the list that I knew I would complete, or just things I had planned to do. Often plans and goals overlap, but this year I also want to be more intentional about taking steps toward my yearly goals each month. I may not make progress toward all of my yearly goals every month, but I’m going to try to use them as guides and take action towards a few of them each month. With that, I’m excited to dig into 2019! But first, a little refresher on my December goals (which seems so long ago now).
– Finish decorating for Christmas
– Finish shopping for Christmas gifts
– Celebrate advent and the time leading up to Christmas
– Make goodies to love on coworkers and far-away family
– Make an ornament for our sibling ornament exchange
– Bring dinner to friends with a new baby (potentially x2) – brought dinner to one, baby number two was just born this week!
– Take in the towns and cities on our road trip across the Northeast – we had a great trip – some of the photos are at the end of this post
– Spend a relaxing, but fun and full day seeing Christmas decorations in NYC – see it here!
– Work on shaking out my big goals for next year – this one didn’t happen until January, but it happened!
– Spend quality time with both of our families for Christmas
– Finish reading Becoming by Michelle Obama
– Bring dinner to friends with a new baby!
– Take at least one photo of everyday life each week
– Backup my computer, delete photos I don’t need/want, and make room for new photos
– Go to one place in the Triangle that we haven’t been before
– Road trip to Nashville for a weekend
– Apply for the CSEP exam
– Do (at least) one strength-training exercise a week
– Spend quality time with friends