May was a whirlwind of travel, celebrations, and visitors. Even though it was packed to the gills, it was probably still one of my favorite months of 2018 yet. It was so busy, but I still felt like I created a good balance of self-care and alone time and fun social activities and time with friends and family. I still have some traveling ahead of me and plans to see even more friends in June and having such a wonderful time in May makes me look forward to the new month even more. June goals, here we go!
– Find time to relax each week – don’t get stuck in the overwhelm that can so easily take over in this busy season of work – Some weeks this was as small as grabbing coffee from a local coffee shop during lunch or squeezing in a barre class after work, but I think I succeeded. It was a good challenge to keep some balance when my schedule was busy.
– Enjoy time with family and celebrate my siblings’ college graduations – It was a busy, busy few weeks, but exciting and great to spend time with family celebrating my siblings.
– Enjoy a long weekend with out-of-town friends – Memorial Day Weekend with our friends from college was a highlight of the month. We really made the most of it and had so much fun!
– Prep our guest bedroom and home for 4 (!) guests this month – Yes – it was a busy month for our guest bedroom, but so fun to have so many fun visitors in our little home.
– Prepare well for our June trips – Yes – at least as much as I could prepare in advance.
– Finish our outdoor area – plant flowers and veggies in the raised bed, plant herbs, hang lights – Yes! We did this right at the beginning of the month and have been enjoying sitting under the lights at night and eating casual weekend breakfast outside with friends.
– Prepare well for and enjoy my out of town trips (Napa Valley with my family and Denver with college roommates)!
– Maintain some kind of exercise even if I am out of town, busy, or the weather is sweltering hot or thunder-storming (aka typical NC summer afternoon weather).
– Go on at least one walk or bike ride a week with Will
– Celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary!
– Set goals for the second half of the year
– Finish reading a book
– Come up with a summer bucket list
– No Instagram after 10:00 p.m.